Today, we’re stepping back and thanking God for His incredible provision and rejoicing in all He’s doing through Seed Effect. Here are a few highlights from my trip.
- We happened upon a SE Savings & Loan Group meeting along the road. Why is this significant? Because there are so many groups now that you can just randomly see one while driving down the road in Uganda!
- Our team is amazing and works so hard. I am reminded each time I come how far the distances are, how much time it takes to train a group that has received very little formal education, how long computer work takes with unreliable internet, and how expensive it is to work in underdeveloped conditions. Our team’s progress is really quite remarkable.
- Our team is also a spiritual inspiration. Even when I think we couldn’t be more focused on the spiritual aspect, our team wants to do more. They truly have a heart to see people profess Jesus as their Savior and grow in their faith.
- We piloted a livelihood program training groups to make liquid soap. We’ll conduct a formal study in the near future, but anecdotally several groups have used it as a way to earn money together.
- We’re celebrating so many graduations! There are 61 groups graduating from our program in Adjumani (one of our branches) alone this month. It’s so encouraging to see these groups experience the fruit of a year of saving and to see their desire to keep going!
It’s truly a blessing to have a front row seat to see God at work in Uganda. I am so thankful for our Seed Effect Uganda staff for their tireless effort and I’m so thankful for YOU, our supporters. Together we are truly impacting the landscape of poverty with empowerment and the Gospel!