Join our COVID-19 Response Fund today!
Because of your support, we reached our $50,000 matching grant, and we are embarking on the soap and agriculture emergency projects!
Materials are being procured and deployed as we speak! With restrictions beginning to lift, we have also been able to safely start new groups with social distancing measures in place. Thank you for your support and commitment to bringing economic empowerment and the hope of Jesus Christ to the hard places, especially during this dire time when the need is great.
Seed Effect’s Response
- We’re providing materials to help the members we have trained in soap-making to sell their soap to the people and organizations that need it, promoting both health and livelihood!
- And to respond to the increasing concern of food security we are dispersing seeds to our groups, providing both a short-term crop and long-term crop.
93% of Seed Effect groups surveyed said that they were better prepared to face this crisis.
- And we’re continuing to serve our members virtually with the support they need right now.
- We’ve adjusted how group meetings operate so they adhere to social distancing practices and have recently been able to extend this practice to the formation of new groups!
- We’re working on a plan to expand to launch new groups virtually, if necessary, to give others immediate access to these tools they desperately need.
When you give to Seed Effect’s COVID-19 Response Fund, your gift will empower our members to face this crisis, grow spiritually, and be better equipped to provide for their families. Thank you so much for supporting Seed Effect!
Current number of cases:
(Confirmed – Recovered = Current)
as of May 20, 2020
Current country restrictions:
Lockdown measures EXTENDED. It is planned that President Museveni will provide an update on Uganda’s state and next steps to control the pandemic, and ease the lockdown on Monday, May 25, 2020.
At this point in time some of the original 35 restrictions have already been eased in hopes of maintaining safety while bolstering the economy (detailed below).
- All businesses are shut down with excpetion of essential businesses (utilities and food market)
- Curfew in place for all citizens (7:00pm – 6:30am)
- Movement has essentially been frozen (bans on both private and public transport vehicle during curfew)
– Exception: Only private cars with stickers to move. To facilitate those working, use marked buses, walk or cycle.
- It’s mandatory to wear cloth masks in public.
- Food markets will stay open
- Airport and borders stay closed.
- Wholesale shops to open
- Hardware shops to open
- Garages to open
- Metal and wood workshops to open
- Insurance providers to function
- Quotas of lawyers to be permitted to work
- Restaurants to open but only for takeaways.
- Warehouses to open.
To hear specific questions addressed directly from the field, please see the videos below!
Prayer is foundational to Seed Effect’s mission. To find an updated list of prayer requests please click here. Thank you for coming alongside us, for your belief in this mission, and for your dedication to bringing hope to the hard places.