January 19, 2021
Dear Seed Effect Family,
We are heartbroken to share with you the unexpected passing of our Seed Effect Uganda Country Director, James Lomude. We received news that he passed away Monday, January 18 at a local hospital from a heart attack.
We are shocked and reeling from this news, as I am sure many of you are in reading this. Yet, we’re reminded by James’ own example that in Jesus Christ we have a firm foundation even in the midst of hardship and circumstances that we do not understand. While we celebrate James’ life and legacy, we are mourning his absence with us here on earth as a father, husband, friend, and leader.
As I write this, Grace and I are en route to join our brothers and sisters in Uganda, and we would all be so grateful for your prayers.
Please join us in praying for:
- The Lomude family: For James’ wife, Stella, and their four young daughters Mercy, Rachael, Lydia, and Sarah.
- Our Seed Effect Uganda team: Their relationships with James run deep. They are neighbors, friends, mentees, and truly support one another as members of one family.
- Members of Liberty Baptist Church: James’ home church in Adjumani, Uganda where he served as a leader in his church body.
- Empower One and 4Africa teams: Pastor David Kaya, Country Director for Empower One, stepped in after the passing of James’ own father as a mentor and spiritual leader. This is a deep loss as brothers in Christ and partners in ministry in North East Africa.
- Our Seed Effect US team: Please pray that as we also grieve, we lift any burden we can and model the servant-hearted leadership James himself served with.
Thank you for faithfully upholding us in prayer,
Missy and the Seed Effect Team