The life and legacy of James Lomude
Seed Effect Uganda, CEO 2017—2021
Update: January 25, 2021
Dear Seed Effect Family,
While I never dreamed that my next trip to Uganda would be for the funeral of our dear friend and leader, James Lomude, I am immensely grateful to be here celebrating his life with our staff. The Lord has comforted us through his Word as we’ve gathered to celebrate, pray, and grieve. We’ve been reminded of his promises, his good plans, and his great love for us. We are heartbroken and yet filled with hope. During this hard time, your prayers have been felt and your encouragement truly means so much to our team. Thank you so much for lifting us up.
Over the past week, there have been three services held for James in two different villages with over 4,000 estimated to have been in attendance. James was deeply loved by his family, friends, and community. While a short video can never fully represent and celebrate such an incredible man, we wanted to give you a glimpse into who James was and the legacy he leaves.
As Fiona, a member of our Seed Effect Uganda team, shared at our gathering yesterday,
“To me, Seed Effect is not an organization, it is a family. And when we are family, we are together.”
We all feel the blessing and honor it has been to be a part of this family with James.
Many of you have reached out and asked how you can help in addition to praying:
- As a Seed Effect family, we are committed to walking with Stella and their girls and supporting and empowering them through this difficult season. We’ll also be continuing to grow, building upon the foundation James has laid and the legacy he has left. If you would like to donate in honor of James to support these efforts, click here.
- Additionally, if you would like to send a note of encouragement, prayer, or memories of James to Stella or the Seed Effect Uganda team, you can email us and we’ll pass it on. It means so much to them to hear from you.
Again, thank you for your prayers and encouragement. And thank you for being a part of our Seed Effect family.
Missy and the Seed Effect team
January 21, 2021
Dear Seed Effect Family,
We are heartbroken to share with you the unexpected passing of our Seed Effect Uganda Country Director, James Lomude. We received news that he passed away Monday, January 18 at a local hospital from a heart attack.
We are shocked and reeling from this news, as I am sure many of you are in reading this. Yet, we’re reminded by James’ own example that in Jesus Christ we have a firm foundation even in the midst of hardship and circumstances that we do not understand. While we celebrate James’ life and legacy, we are mourning his absence with us here on earth as a father, husband, friend, and leader.
As I write this, Grace and I are en route to join our brothers and sisters in Uganda, and we would all be so grateful for your prayers.
Please join us in praying for:
- The Lomude family: For James’ wife, Stella, and their four young daughters Mercy, Rachael, Lydia, and Sarah.
- Our Seed Effect Uganda team: Their relationships with James run deep. They are neighbors, friends, mentees, and truly support one another as members of one family.
- Members of Liberty Baptist Church: James’ home church in Adjumani, Uganda where he served as a leader in his church body.
- Empower One and 4Africa teams: Pastor David Kaya, Country Director for Empower One, stepped in after the passing of James’ own father as a mentor and spiritual leader. This is a deep loss as brothers in Christ and partners in ministry in North East Africa.
- Our Seed Effect US team: Please pray that as we also grieve, we lift any burden we can and model the servant-hearted leadership James himself served with.
Thank you for faithfully upholding us in prayer,
Missy and the Seed Effect Team