June Prayer Requests
Praise God! We have so much to be thankful for this month. Would you join us in thanking God for how He’s moving?
- Members Commitment to Christ. Several members in savings groups dedicated their lives to Christ this past month! Pray these new Christians will be discipled well and that their faith will grow deep.
- New City Engagement. The gathering in Austin was a success! We love meeting people that are new to the mission of Seed Effect and it is such a joy to get to connect on such deep levels that make it feel as though we have known them for years rather than newly meeting.
- Lamwo Branch! We are in the training and prep phase of opening another new branch in Lamwo, which will mark Seed Effect’s 6th branch in northern Uganda! Initial group formation is projected to start next month 🎉 🎉 (see below for prayer requests connected to this praise and celebration :))
Seed Effect Uganda
- Operation of New Branch in Lamwo. The orientation for the Lamwo branch staff took place this past week. Pray that all they learned will help them effectively serve new members, and the community at large, in Lamwo.
- Encouragement for Staff and Volunteers. SE Uganda also held a retreat for staff and village volunteers last week. Pray that the training and time of refreshment will carry them through the upcoming summer months. Ask the Lord to give them wisdom in working with members, protection as they travel, and a deepening faith.
- Rain for Plentiful Harvest. Pray for God to send rain on members who have crops. There hasn’t been much rain and crops are drying up. Many depend on them for their livelihood.
- Healing for Members and their Families. Pray for God to comfort those who have lost loved ones and are grieving. Pray also for healing for those with blocked arteries, broken bones, epilepsy, demonic attack, and who’ve been injured by fire.
- Financial Provision. Many staff members are financially struggling due to inflation and rising food costs. Pray for God’s provision, that they’ll be able to provide for their families and loved ones.
Seed Effect USA
- Seed Effect Fall Luncheon! For those of you that have been a part of the Seed Effect family prior to 2020 you know that each spring held Seed Effect’s annual luncheon at the George Bush Presidential Center in Dallas, TX — well, we are thrilled to announce that we are back! But this time we will be hosting our luncheon in the fall, on Wednesday, October 19th to be exact. Please join us in praying over this event, for each person in the room — new and old to Seed Effect, and that our inaugural fall luncheon is a platform to make Christ more known and share what he is up to through Seed Effect.
- Engaging New Supporters! Would you continue to pray for Seed Effect as we work to expand our community of supporters both within the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well as throughout the United States? We have two ways that current advocates can get involved:
- Discernment as we grow! We are continuing to grow and we are thankful beyond what words can justly express. Join us in praying for our lean (but growing!) team, that we would steward this growth and expansion in a way that is worthy of the gospel.
- Travel Mercies. With growth comes opportunities to expand our network and share the story of Seed Effect with new and existing donors in cities outside of the places our staff call home. Pray for the Lord’s protection as we travel.
- Spiritual Rhythms. For both SE USA and Uganda, pray that we remain committed to honoring the sabbath, seeking solitude to hear from the Lord, and fervently praying for not only this work and its mission, but also in all facets of our lives to ensure that we continue to hold the Lord at the center of it all.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
~ Ephesians 3:20
~ Ephesians 3:20
Seed Effect • PO Box 141223, Dallas, TX 75214 • 888.505.3292
©2023 Seed Effect. All Rights Reserved.