April 2023 Prayer Requests
Thank you for praying last month for our all-staff Summit! What an incredible time it was for our Seed Effect USA team to be able to support our Seed Effect Uganda staff by giving them a few days of rest and fun! You prayed that each South Sudanese and Ugandan staff member would leave feeling strengthened, equipped, encouraged, and deeply valued, and they were! They felt loved and cared for as the were able to have fun with the US staff on ropes courses and other physical challenges, as well some of our newest staff receiving additional training. In addition, relationships were forged with the new staff. We also experience many deepened bonds with men and women who have worked with Seed Effect many years! All praise to God for these sweet relationships!
We cannot thank you enough for your prayers! God answered in big ways!
- Safe travel to Uganda! All arrived and were encouraged as they met with the US Staff! The US team’s travel was without incident, as well! All praise to God!
- Our SE Uganda staff praises God for each of you, and your prayers on their behalf! God has answered most of the prayers you offered up last month
Seed Effect Uganda
- Our Seed Effect drivers — Please pray for our staff drivers. For a hedge of protection, wisdom, and strength as they drive far distances in dangerous conditions to and from refugee settlements, and neighboring host communities?
- Health, protection, and safety of Staff. Please continue to join us in the ongoing prayer of health, protection, and safety for our staff and their families. In addition, would you also pray for their spiritual growth, as they bring gospel of Jesus Christ to other South Sudanese refuges and Ugandan nationals nearby, in each of our refugee settlements.
- Our refugee brothers and sisters. Please pray specifically for them, as they navigate how to feed their families, since the rations have been reduced. Especially the ones in their first year of savings, as many times they are still not earning enough to provide for their families when the ration amounts are diminished. Pray that they will encourage each other and seek God for his provision as they save, until their savings can increase so they don’t have to depend on the rations.
- Would you also pray for them, as they live in the ongoing tension of present safety and stability, alongside the sadness of being out of their nations and long to go home. Please join us in praying for God’s peace, presence, and provision.
- Additionally prayers that they would respond to the gospel with trust in the Lord who loves them so.
- Families with School-Aged Children. Please pray for the children in the refugee settlements, as malnutrition rates among children are increasing, with 4 in every 10 children being anemic and seven out of every 100 children identified as having Global Acute Malnutrition.
- Would you also pray for the teachers? For each classroom, there is an average of 131 children. One teacher is available for every 73 children. They sit on the floor or share desks with up to six children.
- Please pray for the children who have been abused or neglected. The statistics are not great–51% of children who have been exposed to violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation are not receiving support due to staffing gaps in case management and alternative care services.There is so much need among these innocent ones. Thank you for praying.
- Our Savings Group Members’ Crops. Would you pray for our members to have a good yield in their fields, this season? Not only will this provide income, but this could help provide more food for them.
- Healing for the Sick. Would you please join us in praying for healing family members of our savings group members, as well as staff?
- Specifically pray for Juan, the sister of our staff member Emmanuel in Kiryandongo, who is sick continually. Would you join us in praying for total healing for her, and other individuals who are sick or are the family members who are helping to care for their loved ones?
- Expectant Mothers. Will you join us in praying for the safety and health of our staff and group members’ and the children they are carrying?
Seed Effect USA
- Team Trip in August 2023! We have not taken a participant trip to Uganda since the summer of 2019, pre Covid, but come this August that is changing. We will be leaving the States on August 5th and returning on August 14th. Would you join us in praying for a successful first trip back? Pray that the time would be recalibrating and further ignite passion for participants and that it will strengthen and encourage our local staff and members?
- Growing our Partners. Would you continue to pray for Seed Effect as we expand our community of supporters within the DFW area and beyond? We have two ways that are low impact so current supporters can share Seed Effect’s work with your friends in fun, non-threatening ways:
- Health of our team and families. Would you pray that we’d stay healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually and be fully present?
- Wisdom as we Grow. We continue to grow and are so thankful! Pray that we will steward this growth and expansion in a way that is worthy of the Gospel.
- Keeping Christ as Our Focus. Pray that we remain committed to honoring the sabbath, seeking solitude to hear from the Lord, and praying for this ministry. Ask the Lord to help us keep Him at the center of everything we do.
- Graduated Savings Groups! Prayers and praises for the Seed Effect savings groups that have successfully completed our three-cycle program and are now equipped to continue saving independent of a Seed Effect trainer! Join us in praying that they will continue saving successfully and feel confident and empowered as they sustain the teachings of Seed Effect’s three-cycle program.
- Our Seed Effect Members. Please pray for existing, new, and graduated Seed Effect savings group members. Please pray for successful saving, loan repayment, financial growth and empowerment, as well as strengthened and restored relationships. Above all, that each member feels the palpable love of God envelop and sustain them – that their lives are completely transformed through the power of the Gospel.
- Successful Loan Repayment. Please join us in praying for our members as they take loans. That they will successfully repay their loans, which leads to the empowerment of their fellow group members in future loan cycles, as well as the group’s overall strengthening which impacts their total return on savings.
~ Ephesians 3:20