Prayer Requests during COVID-19
Will you join us in praying:
Updated July 2, 2020
- /praising God for the successful disbursement of seeds to all of our groups as part of our COVID-19 response projects.
- /praising God for his provision and steadfastness. That he is the ultimate, unwavering Sustainer and Provider.
- COVID-19 Soap-Making Project. The soap materials have arrived in Adjumani and Arua – now transporting to Moyo and Yumbe. Pray for ease and timeliness of distribution by the end of the week.
- Heavy Rains. There has been some very heavy recent rains, causing flooding in a couple subcounties in Adjumani. Lots of farmland destroyed in those areas. Pray for food security, healing of the land, and that the viable land is productive while the damaged land recovers.
- Savings Groups Meeting. Groups are continuing to meet with adaptations in place to adhere to social distancing and government restrictions. Continue to ask God for health and safety as members meet and pray for discernment around continued growth and encouragement in their faith. SE Uganda’s Country Director and Spiritual Director are meeting to discuss having the Spiritual Integration Leader of each group be at the savings group meeting location so that small groups of members could pass through for a brief time of prayer after doing savings transactions. Join us in praying for this conversation and wisdom in implementation.
- Health and Wisdom for staff, volunteers, and group members. Pray for continued wisdom from God as they go in and go out and strength as they face the days ahead. Pray too for protection from COVID-19.
Updated June 15, 2020
- /praising God that we were able to reach the $50,000 matching grant we received and have started embarking on the soap and agricultural emergency COVID-19 projects because of your generous donations. Read below for ways to pray for these exciting endeavors.
- /praising God that 93% of Seed Effect groups surveyed said they were better prepared to face this crisis because of their participation in a group.
- COVID-19 Soap-Making Project. With the new grant, SE Uganda is providing materials to help members who have been trained in soap-making to sell their soap to the people and organizations that need it, promoting both health and livelihood. Pray for the safety of those delivering and distributing these supplies to all four branches and for God to guide the project. Access to soap-making materials provides critical health benefits and livelihood opportunities for our trained members.
- COVID-19 Agricultural Project. To respond to the increasing concern of food security, we are also dispersing seeds to our groups, providing both short-term and long-term crops. Pray for the safety of those delivering and distributing seeds to each of the branches. Ask God to guide the project as the provision of seeds will help many who are currently struggling with food insecurity.
- Savings Groups Now Meeting. Group meetings have adjusted how they operate so they can adhere to social distancing practices and this practice has recently been extended to the formation of new groups. Ask God for health and safety as members meet and continued growth and encouragement in their faith.
- Health and Wisdom for staff, volunteers, and group members. Pray God will give them wisdom as they go in and go out and strength as they face the days ahead. Pray too for protection from COVID-19.
- Increased Economic Stress. Many families in Uganda are struggling financially due to the lock down as extended family and friends call for help daily. Pray for God’s provision in their lives.
- Wisdom for Ugandan Leaders. Pray that governmental leaders would have wisdom with policies they put in place and as they try to get additional supplies of PPE (personal protective equipment) for health care workers and begin easing restrictions. Ask the Lord for protection for this nation and healing in the land.
Updated prayer requests as of May 11, 2020
- /praising God for the new groups that have started during this exceptionally difficult time.
- For the health and safety of these new groups as well as all of our existing members, families, and staff.
- For the ease of procuring and delivering materials for our COVID-19 agriculture and soap-making emergency projects.
- That COVID-19 case numbers stay low and there continues to be zero lives lost to the virus in Uganda as some restrictions have been lifted.
- For the increased economic stress many families in Uganda are experiencing during lock down as their extended family and friends are calling for help daily.
- That families remain united and grow spiritually stronger during this season.
- For God to guide Seed Effect’s COVID-19 Agriculture Project as the provision of seeds will help many who are currently struggling with food insecurity.
- For God to guide Seed Effect’s COVID-19 Soap-making Project as access to soap-making materials provides critical health benefits and livelihood opportunities for our trained members.
- For our staff to lean into the Lord and be even more encouraged during this season.
- For continued discernment on how best to serve and support our members through this crisis.
- For our groups to be encouraged and stand strong as they face this trial.
To receive monthly prayer requests, praises, and updates from Uganda sign up for our prayer team.
Seed Effect • PO Box 141223, Dallas, TX 75214 • 888.505.3292
©2023 Seed Effect. All Rights Reserved.