We're on a mission to provide hope in the hardest of places.
Sign up to receieve notifications for future job opportuities.
Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
MANAGES: Stewardship Advisor + other members of the Development Team
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
We are looking to hire an ambitious, passionate, dynamic and strategic leader to oversee and implement a Christ-centered fundraising and marketing strategy. The Director of Development will work with the Executive Director, leading the development team in establishing goals and building, implementing, and maintaining an effective strategy to reach and cultivate relationships with individual donors, churches, foundations, and corporations. The Director of Development will oversee the engagement of major donors across all major gift officer portfolios (individuals, foundations, corporations) as well as develop new donor prospects to solicit major giving to Seed Effect.
To promote and fulfill the mission and vision of Seed Effect by developing and managing Seed Effect’s fundraising and development strategy.
Donor Development/ Fundraising
- Work with the Executive Director to develop, execute, and manage a comprehensive and diversified fundraising strategy to meet Seed Effect’s funding requirements. This strategy should be designed to cultivate, solicit, and recognize donors with the ability to make gifts at the Major Gifts level and who have an affinity for Seed Effect’s program.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with major donors on behalf of and in conjunction with the Executive Director. This includes responding to requests for information, securing contributions for Seed Effect when appropriate, leading donor meetings, trips and events.
- Fully utilize available tools and resources including Virtuous, Classy and others to establish cultivation strategies and make calls on individuals, foundations, and corporations as assigned, with Seed Effect staff and/or individually, to promote Seed Effect and its needs.
- Work with the Executive Director and Stewardship Advisor to ensure intentional stewardship of existing Seed Effect donor relationships to encourage to greater support and involvement.
- Generate leads for new potential Major Donors and manage a portfolio of Major Gift donors and donor prospects.
- Represent Seed Effect at special events, activities and other assigned functions. Liaison to community; speak in public on behalf of Seed Effect.
- Travel domestically and internationally for the purpose of prospective and donor relationship cultivation and giving, as needed.
- Assist in developing and managing an Advisory Council.
- Assist with event planning, mobilization and execution.
- Collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, build strong and sustainable working relationships and interact within all levels of the organization. Establish excellent working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide direction and supervision to Stewardship Advisor and other direct reports; oversee effective resource development practices; communicate annual, quarterly and other goals; monitor performance; conduct monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements for fundraising
- Timely and accurately record all contacts with donors/prospects using designated information in documentation systems. Ensure that donor database is properly maintained and utilized effectively.
- Oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Monitor and maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date donor information.
- Maintain detailed and complete records of donor engagement, including the discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process.
- Create and present relevant fundraising reports to Executive Director.
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission and vision of Seed Effect;
- Highly interpersonal and relational;
- Strategic thinker, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative and execute a strategy;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong attention to detail (interpersonal/ relational);
- Strong time management skills;
- Successful proven experience in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and sustaining donor relationships;
- Proficient working knowledge of donor development and fundraising;
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; exercise sound judgment and confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and donor database systems
Digital Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Marketing Coordinator who can manage multiple social media and content channels (email, blog, web) and online communities to help communicate our mission and cultivate new donors and advocates for Seed Effect.
You will work with our Executive Director and development team, and come alongside our creative partners to see the content process from ideation to publication for both organic and paid content. Daily, you will also be responsible for maintaining editorial calendars, publishing content on the web and social media, and managing and growing our online community.
You need to be detail-oriented, adaptable, empathetic and a creative storyteller and communicator. Your written communication skills and self-starter mindset will allow you to execute high quality digital ads, email, blog and social media content on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and maintain web and social media content calendars and campaigns.
- Identify content trends on digital initiatives drawing on your knowledge of social media channel nuances and audience behavior.
- Work closely with creative partners, the executive director, and board members to plan relevant, new digital, social and mobile content strategies and campaigns.
- Nurture our social media community through daily monitoring, publishing and engagement.
- Ability to communicate digitally with a high level of precision (no spelling errors) to reflect the brand persona in a timely manner with the ultimate goal of growing and cultivating our donor base.
- Ability to use multiple social media platforms effectively for growth and conversion, and to understand the different audiences and nuances on different platforms.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges.
- Develop, implement, optimize and manage our paid social and paid media strategy
- Create weekly and monthly media plan
- Manage, monitor, audit and reconcile marketing spend and media buys on a regular basis
- Partner with creative partner to coordinate assets and deliverables for campaigns
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a digital domain – experience with social media, community management, copywriting, email, and digital storytelling
- Strong understanding of copywriting, content ideation and social media content publishing
- Ability to convert and implement strategic plans into tactical ones.
- Detail-oriented written communication skills; excellent typist, great listener and relationship building