Friday, February 7, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm
Northwest Bible Church
CLC Building Room 104
8505 Douglas Ave | Dallas, TX 75225
In Dallas? Join us for a time of prayer and praise!
...if you cannot attend, please join us in prayer at 12 noon from wherever you are!
He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. – Deuteronomy 10:21
Please join us in praising God that:
- More than 26,000 Ugandans and South Sudanese have been empowered to study the Bible, build Christ-centered, community, and access the financial tools they need to provide for their families with dignity.
- Because of you, we had a record-breaking year for fundraising, over $1,000,000 raised, allowing SE’s reach to continue to grow.
- SE savings groups having saved over $1.5 million since launching in Uganda in 2017.
- 100% of Seed Effect Members report that this program has had a positive impact on their life and 98% report an improvement in their relationship with God, self, and others
- Joel has been asked to present at the “SG 2020: The Future of Savings Groups” conference in South Africa with representatives from United Nations Capital Development Fund and Vision Fund International. They will be promoting understanding of Savings Groups in a refugee context. Would you praise God with us for this incredible opportunity, and the platform it provides? Please also join us in praying for safe travels, and the opportunity to engage with like-minded organizations and individuals.
This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. – 1 John 5:14
Would you pray:
- For lasting peace in South Sudan. Even though Uganda has provided a welcoming host community for the refugees, South Sudan is still their home, and they long to go back home in safety.
For our Seed Effect Uganda team:
- For their leadership, perseverance, spiritual growth, safety, effectiveness, and health of the staff and their families
- For the interview and selection process, as they seek to hire people for several positions and hope to open additional new positions as well– pray that the Lord would make it clear who He is calling to join this ministry to honor and glorify God as they serve our savings group members.
- In early spring, our staff will be holding trainings for the new Village Volunteers, part time staff members who will start new savings groups. Please pray for effective, engaging, and fueling time as they onboard these new staff members!
- For wisdom as Seed Effect Uganda works to expand the savings and loan groups in 2020 to meet the great need while simultaneously balancing that need with current staffing.
- For discipleship. In Seed Effect savings groups some members hear the Gospel for the first time and commit their lives to Christ. Pray that they would be discipled well by other group members and staff.
For our Seed Effect US team:
- One of our goals for 2020 is to strategically expand our reach to new cities in the US, so we can keep pace with the incredible growth of our programs in northern Uganda. Please pray for wisdom and for champions in those cities who will help us share all that God is doing in Uganda!
- Please pray for generous people to catch the vision of what God is doing through Seed Effect Uganda to empower refugees and Ugandan nationals to provide for their families with dignity!
Thank you for praying! We praise God for each of you, and your commitment to and prayers for this work! God is doing significant work in Uganda through your partnership with us!
Seed Effect • PO Box 141223, Dallas, TX 75214 • 888.505.3292
©2023 Seed Effect. All Rights Reserved.