June Prayer Requests
Below are some praise reports and prayer requests from the field. Thank you for joining with us in prayer.
- Salvations among Savings Groups. A Muslim woman has come to faith in Christ after participating in a SE savings group! We don’t report every salvation that takes place in the savings groups, but they’re happening. People are being empowered to provide for their families with dignity and are coming to Christ. Praise God!
Seed Effect Uganda
- Uganda Lockdown #2. Large gatherings are no longer being permitted, school has been suspended, and other restrictions are back in place as of this past week (read more here). Pray for encouragement for SE members and staff and for God to provide for them financially, physically, and emotionally.
- Search for SE Uganda CEO. Pray for God to bring the right person who has the business acumen, leadership abilities, and heart. Pray also for the acting CEO & Country Director Fiona Madraa, that God will guide her in all the decisions she makes as she leads SE Uganda.
- Continued Success of Seed Program. Last year, group members were supported and empowered by Seed Effect’s Covid-19 Response Program. Pray that the seeds they received and planted will yield a good harvest and help improve their livelihood.
- Branch Activities (Adjumani, Moyo, Yumbe, Arua/Imvepi) Pray for the activities in each branch this month and for protection off the staff, especially the field officers. Pray that the Lord will protect them as they’re on the roads, traveling between groups. There’s been a lot of rain, and the roads aren’t in the best condition.
- Plan for a Better Business Training. Continue to pray for the training curriculum, which is being implemented in all 2nd cycle savings groups (learn more here). In 2020 this training resulted in 160 individual businesses and 19 group businesses being started or expanded. Pray this program will continue to be effective and beneficial to all involved.
- Salvations and Discipleship. Pray as group members go through the savings group curriculum that they will continue to be impacted by the Gospel and that those who don’t know Jesus will come to know Him as their Lord and Savior. Pray also for a deepening in faith among those who already know Jesus.
- Healing. Members continue to struggle with illnesses of many kinds — from stomach and back pain to malaria and asthma attacks. Pray for miraculous healing and that the Lord comforts the sick, their families, and caregivers.
- Please also join us in praying for healing from deep grief. As you are well aware, 2021 has held many trials and much grief for the Seed Effect family. Most recently (earlier this week), one of our branch data managers, Adaku Charles, and his wife lost their first child at just three weeks old. We know that the Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves the crushed in spirit, would you pray for all those walking through grief to experience the truth of these words and feel the Lord’s hand upholding and sustaining them during this time?
Seed Effect USA
- Wisdom and Guidance. Pray for God to give us wisdom and to guide us as we make decisions to help grow the organization.
- Relaunching Seed Effect Socials! We have relaunched the newest way to get involved with Seed Effect. Would you join us in praying for people to serve as hosts for these independent gatherings?
- Launching Gather! In addition to Seed Effect Socials we have also launched a new initiative called Gather. A Gather event provides the opportunity for our supporters to bring their community into the mission of Seed Effect in a low impact way — all one has to do is invite their people, and we will take care of the rest! To read more about Gather click here.