October Prayer Requests
Praise God! We have so much to be thankful for this month. Would you join us in thanking God for how He’s moving?
- Empowering 2,894 new members. During Reinvest Giving Day, we raised more than $170,000 to empower nearly 3,000 new members.
- Continued Operations. In spite of lockdowns and sickness, our staff continues to operate savings groups and bring encouragement to members while honoring current safety protocols.
- Expanded Operations. As mentioned in our last prayer newsletter – we’re growing in Uganda! Work to open the newest Seed Effect Uganda Branch in Rhino will begin this month.
Seed Effect Uganda
- Continued Impact of COVID-19. Starting November 1, certain restrictions in Uganda will be lifted due to a decline in COVID cases (read more here)
- Churches and social activities like funerals and weddings will be allowed to resume. Pray the Holy Spirit will guide pastors in encouraging those who come to church and that people will be drawn to Christ.
- Primary and secondary schools will not go back into session, which impacts our members. Pray for parents and for children who are home.
- Pray for continued healing for those who have COVID and hospital workers who are caring for the sick.
- Plan for a Better Business Training (learn more here) in Arua. Continue to pray for the training curriculum, which will be taught in Arua’s groups next month. Pray this program will continue to be effective and beneficial to all involved.
- New Branch Openings. Will you join us in praying not only for our staff and the logistics around opening a new branch, but also for the members that will be reached and for the community at large? That the Lord will be center and evident in our work, even to those who may not call Him by name?
- Wisdom for SE Uganda Management Team. Pray for wisdom for CEO & Country Director Fiona Madraa and the management team in all the decisions they make. Pray also for the recruitment of new staff next month, that God will lead the right individuals to work with Seed Effect.
- Radio Program. Seed Effect’s Director of Spiritual Integration, Pastor Kenneth, continues to share weekly on the radio and encourage members and nonmembers. Pray that this initiative not only strengthens and builds faith but also equips and further connects the communities in northern Uganda to Seed Effect.
- Branch Activities (Adjumani, Moyo, Yumbe, Arua/Imvepi) Pray for the activities in each branch this month and for protection of the staff, especially the field officers. One was injured recently on his motorbike. Pray that the Lord will protect them all from accidents and from COVID-19 as they’re carrying out activities in the field.
- Financial Provision. Pray for financial provision for members who took out loans this cycle and will have to repay them.
- Healing. Members continue to struggle with illnesses of many kinds — from COVID-19 to swollen legs, loss of hearing, hospitalizations, and death. Pray for miraculous healing and that the Lord comforts the sick, their families, and caregivers.
Seed Effect USA
- Engaging New Supporters! Would you continue to pray for Seed Effect as we work to expand our community of supporters both within the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well as throughout the United States? We have two ways that current advocates can get involved: Seed Effect Socials and Seed Effect Gather events. To learn more about these new opportunities and to pray follow the links below.
- Discernment as we grow! We are continuing to grow and we are thankful beyond what words can justly express. Would you join us in praying for our lean team? That we would steward this growth and expansion in a way that is worthy of the gospel — in a way that reflects that we get to be vessels for the work the Lord is doing in Uganda.
- Would you also join us in praying as we search for a Director of Development to add to our team? That they would mesh seamlessly with our existing team while furthering Seed Effect’s mission to bring economic empowerment and the hope of Jesus Christ to hard places?
~ Ephesians 3:20