August Prayer Requests
Thanks for praying for Seed Effect and Uganda. We weren’t able to take a team to Uganda this summer, so we’re taking a virtual trip instead. As you follow along, would you join in and pray for this precious country and people? We’re including some additional prayer points below too. Thank you, as always, for praying with us.
- Continued Operations. Even as Uganda is in the middle of a second lockdown due to a resurgence of COVID 19 cases our groups have been able to continue to meet (with a modified meeting structure to account restrictions on public gatherings) and our Field Officers are still meeting the demand for our program by starting new groups!
- To learn more you can watch our recent video update with Missy, Seed Effect USA Executive Director + Co-Founder, and Fiona, Seed Effect Uganda Country Director, here!
- New Grant Partnerships + Growth! SE USA and SE Uganda management have been working on building new relationships and expanding our grant partnerships. We just heard last week from a new giving partner that we will be receiving a gift from them that will allow us to expand our work into three new locations in northern Uganda! This gift will serve as a catalyst and allows us to reach these new locations sooner than we anticipated!
- Will you join us in praising God for his continued faithfulness, guidance, and provision?
Seed Effect Uganda
- Impact of COVID-19. This summer, Uganda enforced another lockdown which prohibited large gatherings, suspended school, and placed restrictions on driving (read more here). The lockdown impacted many businesses negatively. Pray for God to heal those with COVID and provide for Seed Effect staff and members financially, physically, and emotionally.
- SE Uganda CEO & Management Team. Pray for wisdom for CEO & Country Director Fiona Madraa and the management team in all the decisions they make.
- Radio Program. With the lockdown, churches are restricted from meeting and the need for spiritual encouragement and hope is always critical. Our Director of Spiritual Integration, Pastor Kenneth, started speaking an hour every week on a radio program to help encourage our current members as well as those who are not yet members. Would you join us in praying that this initiative not only strengthens and builds faith but also equips and further connects the communities in northern Uganda to Seed Effect?
- Branch Activities (Adjumani, Moyo, Yumbe, Arua/Imvepi) Pray for the activities in each branch this month and for protection of the staff, especially the field officers. Pray that the Lord will protect them from accidents and from Covid-19 as they’re carrying out activities in the field.
- Plan for a Better Business Training. Continue to pray for the training curriculum, which has been implemented in all 2nd cycle savings groups (learn more here). Pray this program will continue to be effective and beneficial to all involved.
- Salvations and Discipleship. Pray as group members go through the savings group curriculum that they will continue to be impacted by the Gospel and that those who don’t know Jesus will come to know Him as their Lord and Savior. Pray also for a deepening in faith among those who already know Jesus.
- Healing. Members continue to struggle with illnesses of many kinds — from COVID-19 to stomach and back pain to malaria and asthma attacks. Pray for miraculous healing and that the Lord comforts the sick, their families, and caregivers.
Seed Effect USA
- Wisdom and Guidance. Pray for God to give us wisdom and to guide us as we make decisions to help grow the organization.
- Engaging New Supporters! Would you pray for Seed Effect as we work to expand our community of supporters both within the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well as throughout the United States? We have two new ways that current advocates can get involved Seed Effect Socials and Seed Effect Gather events! To learn more about these new opportunities to be praying follow the links below!
~ Ephesians 3:20